14 Year Old Girl Sentenced To 7 Years For Killing UBER Driver

A 14-year-old girl who pleaded guilty to murdering an Uber Eats driver during a botched carjacking has been sentenced to seven years in a juvenile prison.

The unidentified teenage girl, who can not be named for legal reason, was caught on camera with another girl, aged 15, trying to steal 66-year-old Mohammad Anwar’s car in Washington DC, on March 23.

Father-of-three, Anwar, died after the girls tried to drive away in his car while he clung to the driver-side door. The girls crashed the car, ultimately killing Mr Anwar in the process.

Both girls were subsequently charged with murder and the 14-year-old, who was 13 at the time of the incident, was handed the maximum possible sentence at a hearing on Tuesday.

The 15-year-old, who has since turned 16, was handed the same sentence in June and will be released at the age of 21.

Other charges lodged against the girls were dropped as part of their plea deals with prosecutors, reports Fox 5 DC.

As reported, the pair attacked Pakistani immigrant Mr Anwar, a grandfather-of-four, while he was delivering food in Washington. He lived in suburban Springfield, Virginia, having moved to the United States in 2014, his family said.

One of the girls convicted in his death is from the DC and the other is from neighboring Fort Washington, Maryland.

Mr Anwar’s tragic death was caught on camera and footage of the incident showed the girls car-jack his car before driving off while he was still clinging on to door. The car then crashed into a road-side barrier.

The clip, which was captured by a bystander, shows how Mr Anwar attempts to wrestle for control of his car before one of the two suspects in the vehicle drives off at a high speed.

The car can then be seen smashing into metal railings with Anwar still hanging on, before flipping onto its side as it crashes to a halt.

The footage then shows the two girls climbing out of the car and then being detained by two national guardsmen who happened to be in the area at the time. A motionless figure can also be seen lying face down on the sidewalk.

Two National Guardsmen who were in the area at the time removed the teenage suspects from the overturned car and detained them until police arrived.

Mr Anwar died in hospital following the incident after suffering several broken bones and severe head trauma, according to authorities.

Post a Comment