See What Has Happened To Woman Who Sealed Her Eyes Shut With Nail Glue Instead Of Eye Drops

 A woman who grabbed and used nail glue thinking it was eye drops sealed her eyelids shut and nearly went blind.


Yacedrah Williams was sleeping last Thursday around 1am when she woke up wanting to remove her contacts. 

Since her eyes felt dry, Yacedrah reached for her purse where she had a small green eye drops bottle. However, her purse also contained a small white nail glue bottle, which she took by mistake, WXYZ reported on Wednesday. 

‘I was like, “Oh my goodness”. It dropped in my eye, and I tried to wipe it away. It sealed my eye shut’, said Yacedrah, of Michigan. ‘I just started throwing cold water, and I was trying to pull my eyes apart but couldn’t. 

I was just screaming for him to call 911’. Yacedrah’s husband Derrick, who was sleeping at the time, woke up and they rushed her to a hospital. Doctors were able to open Yacedrah’s eyes and removed her contact lens. 

Her contacts ended up being a blessing. ‘They said that contacts saved my vision’, she said. ‘They kept saying, you’ll probably lose your lashes, which I did, because they had to pull on it and flip the top of my lid’. 

Yacedrah walked away with her eyesight back and a lesson – to be careful never to mix up her eye drops and nail glue again. 

Dr George Williams, who leads Beaumont Hospital’s Department of Ophthalmology, told the TV station that Yacedrah is not the first person who has had a similar accident, and that she was smart to immediately try water. 

‘If you ever get anything in your eye, the immediate thing to do is try to flush your eye out’, the doctor said. ‘Either hold your head under a faucet, get a bottle of water, hold your eye open and just flood your eye. You’ll make a mess, but you may save your vision’. 

Using one product instead of another can have serious consequences, as was also demonstrated by Tessica Brown, who decided to use Gorilla Glue adhesive spray when she ran out of her hair setting spray.

After a month of not being able to remove the glue, Brown took to TikTok to ask for advice. Her situation went viral and a doctor eventually performed a surgery free of charge to relieve her scalp of the adhesive.

Post a comment

0 Comments