Piers Morgan Announces Return To ITV After Quitting GMB

Piers Morgan has confirmed he will be returning to ITV after leaving Good Morning Britain last week.
The 55-year-old broadcaster made headlines when he made a series of controversial comments about Meghan Markle on March 8 following the Duchess of Sussex's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

 ITV announced Morgan had left the show on the evening of the following day, shortly after Ofcom said it had launched an investigation under its harm and offence rules after receiving more than 41,000 complaints in two days.

 However, in a tweet earlier today (March 18), Morgan revealed he would be returning to ITV for the latest instalment of Life Stories with Loose Women presenter Coleen Nolan. 

He tweeted: "Reports of my ITV demise have been greatly exaggerated.... I’m back already."

 The programme will air this evening at 9 pm on ITV. Piers Morgan’s comments about Meghan and Harry's interview led to the highest number of complaints in OFCOM's history. 

 The episodes of ITV’s Good Morning Britain on March 8 and 9 sparked 57,121 complaints to the TV regulator.

 A statement from the regulator said: “We can confirm that this issue has attracted the highest number of complaints since our reporting began.” 

 Morgan responded on Twitter, writing: “Only 57,000? I’ve had more people than that come up & congratulate me in the street for what I said. The vast majority of Britons are right behind me.” 

 Morgan’s final episode of the show saw him storm off the set after a heated exchange with co-star Alex Beresford, in which Beresford accused Morgan of “trashing” Meghan.

 Morgan has stood by his controversial comments and said his departure from Good Morning Britain was caused by the “cancel culture that is permeating our country”.

Post a Comment

0 Comments