Traders in the area and residents defied the partial lockdown in Oyo State as they trooped to the popular market.
Wares, including clothing materials, electrical and electronic appliances, mattresses and eyeglasses were lost to the inferno.
The PUNCH reports that some vehicles also perished in the fire incident.
As of the time of filing this report, firemen were still struggling to put out the inferno.
It was learnt that an electric spark caused the fire outbreak.
SHARE THIS NEWS USING ANY OF THE BUTTON BELOW PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW ⬇⬇⬇