Some eyewitnesses told our correspondent that the fire was caused by a power surge.
It was gathered that residents of the area and sympathisers trooped out to assist the domestic workers in the house to put out the fire.
The state Director of Fire Service, Fatai Adefala, confirmed the incident.
Adefala said the fire did not damage the main building.
“Yes, there was a fire and it had been put out.”
“Our officials have put out the fire .”
The affected house was used by Obasanjo when he was President before he moved to the penthouse within the Presidential Library, Abeokuta.
Source: PUNCH SHARE THIS NEWS USING ANY OF THE BUTTON BELOW PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERT BELOW ⬇⬇⬇